Full Time; $15.30 per hour
The Administrative Assistant provides intake, administrative, and program support to all departments.
- Act as the initial representative of Supportive Housing Coalition, embodying SHC values of integrity, empowerment, and belonging.
- Provide front desk coverage, welcoming visitors and callers in a friendly, warm manner
- Answer phone and respond to messages. Transfer calls/messages to appropriate
- Answer general inquiries, provide information about SHC services, and refer to partner agencies as appropriate.
- General administrative duties including but not limited to mail distribution, supply ordering, copying, faxing, filing, meeting scheduling
- Liaison with office equipment, building maintenance, and IT service provider
- Database maintenance, correspondence
- Provide administrative support to the Community Housing program, SHC properties, Finance, and Management Team as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- People with lived experiences of homelessness, mental health recovery, substance use recovery, etc. are encouraged to apply.
- Associates degree in human services or other field or commensurate demonstrated skills and experience
- Experience working with housing programs, community organizations, and social services
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- Possess a high level of tolerance and understanding for individuals who present with active symptoms with urgent and complex needs.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize duties
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of community resources related to homelessness, mental illness and housing
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Internet, websites, social media platforms, and database management
- Ability to drive – valid driver’s license and insurance required
- Bilingual preferred
Send cover letter, resume, and completed SHC Employment Application to email@example.com
Please address the following questions in your cover letter:
- How many years of administrative assistant experience do you have?
- How many years of Data Entry experience do you have?
- How many years of MIP Fund Accounting experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- How many years of social services experience do you have?
- How many years of Microsoft Office experience do you have?
- How many years of Database Management experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: NM Driver’s License?
- Do you speak Bilingual – Spanish?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- How is your previous experience relevant to this role?
- Why are you interested in this job?
SHC Employment Application can be found at www.shcnm.org/job-openings/;
SHC-NM is an EEO employer