Request for Proposals: 2020 Audit
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: Supportive Housing Coalition of New Mexico is accepting proposals for the preparation of its yearly audited financial statements and related filings for a one-year period renewable up to three years beginning with the 2021 fiscal year ending December, 31, 2021. Proposal must be received by August 13, 2021. SHC serves hundreds of clients each year with funding from grants, contracts, and fees. We receive government funding from HUD and the City of Albuquerque. We have 32 employees located in Albuquerque, Gallup, and Las Vegas, New Mexico. Our annual consolidated revenue is approximately $5.5 million. Include rate for each year up to three years. The audit of SHC’s financial statements must be performed in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards. Supportive Housing Coalition is a 501(c) (3) organization. Our organization requires a federal single audit. SHC is the general partner for four other entities each requiring a separate audit, with the SHC audit being a consolidated audit report.
SHC requires the following services:
- Annual financial statement audit.
- Separate audit for each entity, a total of five separate audits
- Preparation of IRS form 990
- Preparation of Charitable Organization Annual Report for the New Mexico Attorney General
- Management letter
All of the above must be completed within 89 days of the end of the fiscal year, in order for our Board to review each document prior to its submission to the appropriate recipients. In addition, SHC requires that a meeting of the auditors and selected SHC board and staff members be held to discuss a draft version of the financial statements and that the auditors meet at least yearly with the Board of Directors’ finance committee.
All proposals must include:
- Evidence of the firm’s qualifications to provide the above services;
- Background and experience in auditing nonprofit clients;
- The size and organizational structure of the auditor’s firm;
- Statement of the firm’s understanding of work to be performed, including tax and non-audit services;
- A proposed timeline for fieldwork and final reporting;
- Proposed fee structure for each of the three years of the proposal period, including whatever guarantees can be given regarding increases in future years, and the maximum fee that would be charged;
- Describe your billing rates and procedures for technical questions that may come up during the year, or whether these occasional services are covered in the proposed fee structure;
- Names of the partner, audit manager, and field staff who will be assigned to our audit and provide biographies.
- A copy of your firm’s most recent peer review report, the related letter of comments, and the firm’s response to the letter of comments; and
- References and contact information from at least three comparable nonprofit audit clients.
Your proposal must be received by August 13, 2021. For complete RFP instructions, contact Cheri Lopez, VP for Finance and Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org; 505-308-8856.