Full time (40 hours weekly) - $15-$16 per hour
Responsible for the implementation of the service coordination program to tenants in SHC-NM Housing Programs.
- Assist Property Management staff in screening applicants for the special needs set-aside units.
- Maintain client files and adhere to weekly reporting requirements.
- Develop provider resource lists and facilitate supportive linkages between residents, external agencies, and the community.
- Coordinate educational and social activities.
- Establish on-going relationship with providers to streamline client access to vocation/ employment assistance, peer counseling, substance abuse counseling, special-needs skills training, safe sex education, and tenants’ rights education, home health care and housekeeping services, as needed.
- Associates degree in human services or similar field, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in affordable housing with persons who have special needs including behavioral health and history of homelessness.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILLITIES, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- Awareness of and empathy for the special needs of individuals who have experienced homelessness.
- Familiarity with community resources and services.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, have dependable transportation and auto insurance.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of federal Fair Housing laws in relation to Reasonable Accommodations for persons with disabilities.
- Bilingual preferred.
SHC-NM is an EEO employer