THIS JOB IS CLOSED
SHC-NM is seeking a reliable full-time residential Maintenance Technician for two of our properties in Albuquerque, NM housing low-income persons with mental health diagnoses and persons with disabilities. The Maintenance Technician services the assigned property responding to all preventative maintenance, property work orders, unit turns, maintains common areas and grounds, and completes emergency on-call requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Provides presence at property to deter damage through preventative maintenance and regular cleaning per SHC-NM policy.
- Prepares monthly reports, work orders, turn logs, and checklists for Management regarding Maintenance duties.
- Regularly cleans and maintains ALL grounds, sidewalks, parking lots, and common/community and office areas at the property.
- Performs preventative maintenance including the regular changing of air filters, switching on/off gas furnaces biannually, and maintaining a schedule for all fire safety and building equipment certifications.
- Responds to emergency maintenance situations including being a point of contact for all outside vendors at the property (i.e., pest control, etc.).
- Provides general maintenance and repair services for property including completing a monthly supply inventory, requesting necessary supplies, and reporting any major maintenance issues to the Property Manager.
- Maintains proper documentation of work orders completed for the property.
- Completes all vacant unit turns within 3-5 days of any move-out, which includes: repairs, replacements, painting, and cleaning of the unit.
- Conducts periodic inspections of apartments with Property Manager.
- Maintains property in accordance with SHC-NM housing standards as well as those set by MFA, HUD, and any other applicable funding entities.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of two (2) years residential maintenance experience
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- Completion of a trade school with an emphasis in plumbing or electrical preferred.
- Knowledge of swamp coolers, green property features, and gas heating turn-on preferred. HVAC certification preferred.
- Ability to empathize with our population of residents and the barriers they face in becoming productive members of the community.
- CPR, First Aid, Fair Housing, and Mental Health First Aid training preferred.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with great customer service. Computer literacy preferred.
Send cover letter, resume, and completed SHC Employment Application to email@example.com.
SHC-NM is an EEO Employer