THIS JOB IS CLOSED
Full Time/Exempt; Salary Range $53,500 – $65,000 annual DOE
The Director of Community Housing leads person-centered,culturally relevant housing services for over 400 tenants in permanent supportive housing. The Director is responsible for the management of SHC-NM Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) voucher programs, Move-in and Eviction Prevention program, and Service Coordination program for tenant-based voucher program participants.
- Directly supervise team of housing specialists, service coordinators, and administrative staff
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with landlords, social service agencies and project funders
- Manage budgets and conduct cost analyses to ensure adequate spending according to contracts; submit budget revisions and identify funding gaps as necessary.
- In conjunction with Director of Development, complete funding applications and renewals.
- Create and submit program reports in a timely manner
- Regularly review program performance and identify opportunities and systems for outcome improvement.
- Conduct quality assurance checks for data quality and accuracy in paper charts and online database systems.
- Ensure compliance with grants and congruence with SHC-NM mission
- Develop,implement, and enforce policies and procedures for all programs in accordance to funder regulations
- Ensure compliance with Fair Housing and NM Uniform Owner-Resident Relations Act
- Conduct periodic inspections (HQS) of TBRA rental units and assist with new-tenant rent-ups and re-certifications
- Manage crisis/conflict with tenants, landlords and support service staff as needed
- Excellent computer skills, including ability to use Microsoft Office products and experience and/or aptitude for data base management
- Other duties as required by Executive Director for effective management of Community Housing programs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise others and lead a team
- Experience with residential leasing, ADA, Fair Housing and HUD-funded Supportive Housing Programs
- Knowledge of Supportive Housing best practices including Housing First
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to function both as a team member and a team leader
- Knowledge of Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) data collection and reporting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, and experience with Property Management software
- Excellent customer service
- Compassion for, and desire to work closely with persons with Behavioral Health Diagnosis
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English
- Adaptability and flexibility while responding to deadlines on assignments and work flow fluctuations
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university or commensurate demonstrated skills and experience
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in property management, affordable housing program management, or overseeing homelessness programs
All applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume, and completed SHC Employment Application.