THIS JOB IS CLOSED
JOB OPENING: CONTROLLER
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Controller will plan, manage and supervise all accounting functions to ensure the financial health of Supportive Housing Coalition of New Mexico (SHC-NM). These responsibilities include but are not limited to: ensuring timely and accurate funder billings, monthly and annual closings, tax filings, vendor payments, and payroll transactions; manage and coordinate annual audits; manage accounting staff and contractors; communicate accurate financial information to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain accounting systems and general accounting books for SHC-NM and affiliates.
- Oversee and monitor transactions that effect cash flow and lines of credit for SHC-NM and affiliates.
- Coordinate the development of the annual operating budget for SHC-NM and affiliates.
- Manage the general accounting functions of SHC-NM and affiliates.
- Manage the payroll function to ensure accurate and timely payroll transactions.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the SHC-NM and affiliates.
- Develop and implement accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage accounting staff and accounting contractors.
- Monitor financial requirements of grants and contractual obligations for SHC-NM and affiliates.
- Prepare financial records for independent financial audits for SHC-NM and affiliates.
- Assist the Executive Director and designated staff in grant preparation.
- Process all day to day accounting requests and ensure compliance with federal, state, local and project requirements.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Minimum of seven years’ accounting experience
- Minimum of five years’ supervisory experience
- Prefer two years’ experience with fund accounting in a non-profit environment
- Experience with contracts, grants, HUD, uniform guidance, and multiple entities preferred
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- Ability to create and maintain accounting systems from conception to implementation
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Knowledge of property management, affordable housing, tenant based assistance programs and/or housing development desired
- Knowledge of fund accounting in a non-profit environment
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in QuickBooks, Word, Excel and MIP Fund Accounting software
- Ability to organize work flow to meet deadlines
- Ability to make and maintain positive working relationships
- Excellent decision making skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to function both as a team member and a team leader
Send cover letter, resume, and completed SHC Employment Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
SHC Employment Application can be found at www.shcnm.org/job-openings/
SHC-NM is an EEO employer