Housing Inspector / Administrator
Full-time (40 Hours weekly)
The Housing Inspector/ Administrator will manage the monthly inspection process for 500 housing vouchers.
- Schedule monthly inspection and perform initial, annual and special inspections in compliance with U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Housing Quality Standards (HQS) requirements.
- Perform re-inspections of previously failed units and follow up on complaints to ensure compliance with building codes and HQS
- Prepare documentation for all inspections and files
- Prepare correspondence to landlords and tenants and manage inspection filing
- Establish, maintain and promote effective working relationships with SHC-NM staff, vendors, consultants, contractors, landlords and tenants
- Display ability to effectively communicate with people from a broad range of socio-economic backgrounds
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Associates degree in human services or similar field
- Experience in affordable housing with persons who have special needs including behavioral health and history of homelessness
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC.:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral communication, and attention to detail
- Ability to attend out-of-state HQS training and pass exam within 90 days of hire
- Possess and maintain a valid NM driver’s license, have dependable transportation, and maintain adequate automobile liability insurance on vehicle used to perform job
- Ability to walk 3-5 miles per day, bend, stoop and climb stairs
- Proficient in MS Excel, Outlook, Word
- Criminal background check required
Please send completed SHC Employment Application and resume to John Ames, Director of Community Housing, email@example.com
SHC-NM is an EEO employer.