Maintenance Technician – Full Time (40 Hours weekly) Sunport Plaza & West Central Apartments
The Maintenance Technician provides on-site assistance to maintain the property and responds to all maintenance and on-call requests in a timely manner.
- Provides on-site presence to deter damage, vandalism, or theft. Prepares regular reports for Management regarding Maintenance duties.
- Maintains all grounds, sidewalks, parking lots, and common areas. Performs preventative maintenance including the regular changing of filters and maintains a schedule for all fire safety and building equipment certifications.
- Responds to situations including being a point of contact for all emergency personnel, case managers, and outside service providers (e.g. exterminator). Obtains several bids from outside service providers for any major work to be approved by the Property Manager.
- Provides general maintenance and repair services for property including requesting necessary supplies and reporting all maintenance issues to the Property Manager. Maintains proper documentation of work orders completed for the property.
- Turns units when residents vacate, which includes: cleaning of apartment, painting, and repairs.
- Conducts periodic inspections of apartments with Property Manager. Maintains property in accordance with all housing standards set by MFA, HUD, and other applicable funding entities.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of two (2) years residential maintenance experience
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC.:
- Completion of a trade school with an emphasis in plumbing or electrical preferred. Knowledge of swamp coolers and gas heating turn-on preferred. HVAC certification preferred also.
- Ability to empathize with residents and the barriers they face in becoming productive members of the community.
- CPR, First Aid, and Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) training preferred.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships and computer literacy preferred.
Please send completed SHC Employment Application and resume to Joscylyn Huffmaster, Director of Property & Asset Management, firstname.lastname@example.org