SHC-NM advocates for and builds grass roots awareness for Housing First, the nationally recognized, evidence-based approach to reducing homelessness through its school and business based “Housing First! The Key is Housing” Community Outreach program. Our objective is to expand public awareness and support for Housing First as the dominant public policy strategy for ending homelessness.
Participants will learn that there are many reasons a family may be homeless and that being in stable, safe housing is a necessary first step to preventing the downward spiral that often happens when people become homeless. As a part of the learning experience, program participants have an opportunity to reflect upon and contribute to the mission of SHC-NM.
Community Outreach Program
Our team is available to present to your business, professional organization, or community service organization about Housing First approach and the work we are doing to prevent and reduce homelessness.
- Become a Corporate Sponsor of SHC-NM
- Host a guest speaker from SHC-NM
- Sponsor a community forum
- Advocate for community initiatives and legislation that supports the Housing First approach
- Raise money for or collect donations for our Welcome Home Basket project